Sunday, March 3, 2013

Munch Time: Mars Bar Slice


Definition
Munch time: [muhnch tahym] noun : A phrase made up by my good friend Brendan. Also the name of a new group of blog posts detailing easy treats to take to parties, bbqs etc etc.

This is the first of (hopefully) many munch time posts. So on the weekend I had a Greek BBQ which involved many a souvlaki. A family friend insisted I make mars bar slice and with great pleasure I agreed.

I'm going to be honest, mars bar slice isn't healthy nor can you stop at one piece. HOWEVER, it is absolutely delicious and so amazingly easy that even I can't fail it.

This is the original recipe and doesn't make as much as the pictures show (I roughly doubled the recipe)


Mars Bar Slice
Approx 220 gm of Mars Bars
80 g butter (50gm to melt with the mars bars, 30 gm for the chocolate)
Approx 3 cups of rice bubbles (feel free to add more, just see how you go with the amount of mars bar mixture you have)
200g milk cooking chocolate









Firstly, roughly chop the mars bars. 



Then place it in a pot (on low) with the butter and stir until you get a smooth mixture.








Mix the melted mars bar mixture with the rice bubbles and then flatten it out in a square baking tin.
Let it set in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.



Melt the chocolate and butter in a pot and once smooth, spread over the rice bubbles.



Let it set in the fridge again and then cut whatever size slices to serve.



Eat and don't feel guilty about a thing. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


1 comment:

  1. Holy crapoly Teena, I'm actually salivating. Can you please make this for me one day?!

    ReplyDelete